1. Start by cutting the leather (or other material you are using) into pieces around 1 meter/yard long. I cut about 50 pieces.
2. To start your fringing, fold a piece of your chosen fringe material in half.
3. Loop it through the wool at the top middle near the neckline. Pull tight to secure.
4. Continue with this down the side of the sweater in a triangle shape – mine was great because it had the triangle in the pattern already – if yours doesn’t you can always use chalk to mark it. This is the point at which you may need some good (or bad) tv to watch as doing the fringe can take some time, but it’s definitely worth it!
5. Finish by doing the other side, making sure to mirror the pattern and angle. Voila!